Congratulations! You’re pregnant!
Discovering that you are expecting a baby can be absolutely thrilling! You might also be tired, nauseated, and anxious-- even terrified--in the early days and weeks, especially if it’s your first baby. After all, you are in a totally new situation, and your life is about to change forever!
Even after the early weeks, there is still so much to think-- or worry-- about. So many decisions to make, not to mention the unsolicited advice and horror stories. You know in your heart that there is a better way, a more gentle and natural start for you and your baby, but its so hard to find...
Hoorah for Sarah Buckley! Her strong, authoritative voice is sorely needed...Ina May Gaskin
You browse pregnancy books and magazines. You search online for 'what to expect,' but most information focusses on what can go wrong, and the million things you need to do to avoid this.
Is it even possible to simply enjoy your pregnancy? Can you find genuine support (including real science) for the gentle, natural birth that you know is right for you and your baby. Is that even possible these days?
Well, if you are looking for the most gentle, natural start-- a start that will enhance safety as well as pleasure--for you and your baby, you have found the right place!
Here at Gentle Natural Birth we focus on:
- Building your confidence in your body’s superb design, including discovering the hard science behind gentle, natural birth
- Why doing what feels good can enhance safety and pleasure, from pregnancy to birth and baby
- The critical questions to ask, to make the choices that are right for you, your baby, and family. (Really helpful with filtering advice from well-meaning friends and family, as well as when talking to your health practitioner)
- How to choose the right care providers for you and your baby (Hint: this will be different for everyone!)
- What are the benefits, risks, and alternatives of common pregnancy tests and treatments--and can you actually say "no"?
- Learning to tune into and trust your body and baby during pregnancy (Great preparation for mothering!)
- How to step gracefully into mothering-- and fathering too--after your baby is born
My best-selling book, Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering has helped tens of thousands of families all over the world to have the best possible start, from pregnancy to birth and baby.
Now I’m really excited to share with you my new online Gentle Natural Birth Pregnancy Program.
I am a qualified GP/family physician (with qualifications in GP-obstetrics and family planning) and the mother of four children, all gently born and naturally raised, now in their teen years and beyond. I currently combine motherhood with my work as a writer and speaker on pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
I want every mother, baby, father and family to have the best possible start! That means being fully informed in decision-making; listening to your heart and intuition; and claiming your rightful role as the real expert on your body, your baby and your family.
I also have a special interest in the hormones of labour and birth, and my groundbreaking report Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing was recently published with Childbirth Connection, a program of the National Partnership for Women and Families. I am now a PhD candidate, looking in more depth at the science that underlies gentle, natural, physiologic birth.
What this means is that I can help you make the most of your “ecstatic hormones,” so that your body's natural processes will promote ease, pleasure AND safety for you and your baby, from pregnancy right through labour and birth – and with breastfeeding and bonding.
Michel Odent MD, author and natural birth
Sarah Buckley is precious, because she is bilingual. She can speak the language of a mother who gave birth to her four children at home. She can also speak like a medical doctor…
The Gentle Natural Birth Pregnancy Program
This program covers early to mid pregnancy, with 10 easy-access videos that will help you to:
build confidence in your body’s superb design
have peace-of-mind about what’s happening for you and what lies ahead
weigh up and make the choices that are right for you
and importantly, enjoy your early pregnancy journey
Melissa Bruijn Mother of two and convenor Brisbane, Australia
Thank you so much for all the wonderful information you put “out there” about birth, mothering, parenting etc. Your information has had a key role in many of the decisions we have made for our family, and we are so grateful to have you as a source of knowledge.
Katthryn, medical student
Every time I have to endure another painful episode of a stranger or friend telling me how bad birth and pregnancy were for them, I switch off my active listening, then go home and read articles by you to reinstall confidence in myself and my baby that we can continue to love pregnancy and hope for birth to be a challenging but beautiful event to be celebrated.
There’s also informative bonus resources included with every week of the Early Pregnancy Program and if you start this a bit later in your pregnancy, that’s okay… you’ll be able to access all of the videos and resources at your leisure as soon as you sign up.
Here’s What’s Covered
Your Gentle Natural Birth Early Pregnancy Program is designed to inform, support and nourish you through early pregnancy. You will get information to help make the decisions that are right for you, your body, your baby and your family.
Each week you will receive an email with a link to a 7-10 minute video on topics that are just right for your stage of pregnancy- and helpful right through pregnancy too!
You can access these videos and resources at any time during your membership- you don’t have to wait for the email.
In addition, each video and topic has pages of resources, including articles and updated book chapters from Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering, as well as other online links that Dr Buckley recommends.
- Your body’s superb design, from pregnancy to birth and baby!
- Eating well in pregnancy- getting the best foundation for you and your baby
- Making wise decisions in pregnancy, birth and parenting- the BRAIN model
- Choosing the maternity care-giver that is right for you
- Early testing for Down syndrome etc- what is the right choice for you?
- Pregnancy ultrasound- what you need to know for you and your baby
- Making plans for late pregnancy and postpartum- making it work for you and your family
- Becoming parents- beginning your journey with joy
- The latest information on pregnancy ultrasound safety and usefulness (2016, exclusive to GNB members)
- Eating well in pregnancy- getting the best foundation for you and your baby
- The latest information on the prenatal tests that you will be offered for Down syndrome etc (2016, exclusive to GNB members)
- The best nutrients and foods to help you get the best – and easiest—start for your baby
- Webinar on the Ecstatic Hormones of Labour and Birth- helping you understand your body’s superb design
- Webinar on Prenatal Testing for Down Syndrome etc- essential information to make an informed choice
Bonus Pregnancy Nausea Video
And don’t miss the bonus video on early pregnancy nausea, which will help you to appreciate your body’s wisdom, even when you are feeling sick and tired!
My belief, which you will see right through each of these videos, is that your body is superbly designed, and that you are the real expert in your body, your baby and your family.
Arletta Nikitiuk Osteopath, Melbourne, Australia
I will forever be grateful for such words of wisdom, it has empowered, inspired and allowed me to experience a gentle pregnancy, birth and now parenting my son Matthew with rewards that amaze me each day.
Through the Gentle Natural Birth Early Pregnancy Program you will discover how and why your body is perfectly designed to guide you and your baby through this amazing, magical time with ease and confidence!
To get started, get instant access to the full 10 weeks here for just $47USD (normally $77)!
Plus Goods and Services Tax (GST) for Australian customers